Chances are there’s an EcoGrid driveway installed near you! Every day a driveway is transformed with the help of our permeable paving system.
The grid of choice? More often than not the 100% recycled EcoGrid E40 ground reinforcement grids; a great eco-friendly replacement for older driveways in need of repair. Fully porous, load bearing, kind to the environment and built to last.
E40 easily handles regular use from cars, and it will do a great job at retaining the stone or gravel infill too.
The folks at Armstrong Landscapes in Hertfordshire have just installed a new driveway with approximately 130 square metres of EcoGrid E40 and they have step by step photos showing how it was done.
Let’s get started!
Armstrong Landscapes passed along exactly the steps they took to complete this superb new driveway:
- Excavate drive to 300mm below finished floor level.
- Excavate material to be removed from site via grab lorry.
- Install concrete pin kerbs on a 300mm x 300mm concrete foundation.
- Install ducts as required for power and water.
- Spread geotextile ground stabilising fabric over the base, back fill to 210mm depth with MOT type 1 X reduced fines to allow rainwater to permeate away from the surface.
- Compact with a twin drum roller.
- Cover the base with second layer of membrane to prevent sand wash out into the voids in the MOT Type 1X.
- Spread with 50mm depth of flooring sharps sand. Compact well.
- Cover with a third layer of membrane to stabilise the EcoGrid paving.
- Fit the EcoGrid E40. Suitable for frequent heavy traffic.
- Back fill with 10mm depth of gravel.
- Top soil and seed around the edges to finish.
- Leave the site clean and tidy.
Nearly there! Now it’s time for the EcoGrid to go down.
Here’s just a handful of reasons why EcoGrid is The World’s No. 1 Permeable Paving:
✅ Easy and quick to fit
✅ Stronger load distribution
✅ More permeability
✅ Eco-friendly; grid made from 100% recycled material
✅ Virtually no maintenance required
✅ Longer lifespan and a 20 year guarantee!