Why do we need SuDS?
• The UK’s largest house builders possess enough land to build over 600,000 new houses
• 118,000 homes were built in 2014
• 156,000 new homes were built in 2015
250,000 new homes need to be built every year in order to meet with demand, especially needed are starter homes. Suitable land plots are:
Brown field sites
Ex MOD sites
Ex hospital sites
And the controversial green belt land.
If the government was to reach a target of 250,000 new homes built per annum, with an average plot size of 250 square metres per home; this would equate to 62,500,000 square metres of land and roof surfaces covered, potentially exacerbating exponentially flood risk in the UK.
The answer is to adopt permeable surfacing to all of these properties and to harvest roof rainwater for use around the house and garden.
Ecogrid Limited supply direct from the manufacturer:
• Grass filled access solutions
• Grass filled parking solutions
• Gravel filled parking systems
• Resin bound stone systems
Free draining, environmentally neutral and fully SuDS compliant, plus:
DIN 4102 – Approval emergency access routes, fire resistance
DIN 1072 – Approval for 40 tonne axle load, driveways, road extensions, bridges
DIN IN ISO 124 and B125 – Approval for car parks, access roads & storage areas
DIN 38412 Environmentally neutral, safe & tested OECD 202:2004
Complies with BS 5837:2012
Point axle loading up to 40 T/m², DIN 1072:1985
UV-resistant, certified DIN EN 60068-2-5
Heavy-duty, tried and tested DIN EN 124:2011
Factory warranty: 20 years from purchase date
NATO certified E50 – MOD / 9330-99-858-1406
RAL approved and certified
Raincatcher UK manufacture
• Throttled attenuation systems for storm surges
• 50:50 attenuation and rainwater harvesting systems
• Rainwater harvesting solutions both above and below ground
• Car washing
• Garden irrigation
• Toilet flushing
• Washing machines
• Exterior cleaning systems
Fully ECA approved
Any not-harvested water that runs off the roofs can be directed to the Ecogrid permeable surfacing thereby making the flood risk on the environment of new builds negative.
If you would like to receive further information on our Ecogrid or Raincatcher systems, please contact us:
Tel:0151 639 4281 to talk to a team member.